Guernsey Photography Festival 20 September – 20 October 2018
Chloe Dewe Mathews – All copyrights reserved.
Guernsey Photography Festival
20 September until 20 October 2018
The programme includes:
- French publisher and curator Xavier Barral’s photographic exploration of the planet Mars; Lisa Barnard’s (UK) fascinating and highly political investigation of the place of Gold in our society
- Chloe Dewe Mathews’ (UK) absorbing project inspired by Mary Shelley’s classic gothic novel, Frankenstein
- Fernando Masselli’s (Spain) sublime and intriguing constructed landscapes
Jaakko Kahilaniemi’s (Finland) journey of self-discovery while exploring 100 hectares of forest that he inheritedCesar Desfuli’s (Spain) series of portraits of migrants photographed minutes after their rescue
- Guillaume Bression (France) and Carlos Ayesta (Venezuela) will show “Retracing our Steps: Fukushima Exclusion Zone”
- French/Italian duo photographers Andrea and Magda interrogate the models shaping contemporary societies in the Middle East in a context of globalization through their project Rawabi
The theme for this year’s festival is POLITICAL LANDSCAPE.
The main venue this year will be the old Tax Office building in the South Esplanade.
For more info www.guernseyphotographyfestival.com
Also published on Medium.
Posted in Guernsey | Tagged Festival