ISSUE #56: The Landscape - December 2012/January 2013
Issue #56 will explore landscape in photography. (open to interpretation).
Submit up to 12 images following the guidelines below. Images must be received by November 15. Issue #56 will have an expected publication date of December 1, 2013.
Only one submission per person for an issue.
ISSUE #57: Juxtaposition - February/March 2013
Issue #57 will explore juxtaposition in photography. Juxtaposition is "the extra emphasis given to a comparison when the contrasted objects are close together." (via the wikitionary) (open to interpretation).
Submit up to 12 images following the guidelines below. Images must be received by January 15. Issue #57 will have an expected publication date of February 1, 2013.
Only one submission per person for an issue.
* If the current call for entries dont fit your work, check back for future issue themes.
SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF THE GUIDELINES ARE NOT FOLLOWED
**PLEASE be careful not to resubmit images that have already been published in f-stop.**
**PLEASE do not write your information or file names in all capital letters.**
- Subject line of your email should indicate which issue you are submitting for.
- Please send your images in 1 email if at all possible
- Please try to attach the files NOT embed them - a zip file is fine. No .rar files please.
IMAGE FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Jpg files only, resolution: 72ppi, 700 pixels FOR THE LONGEST EDGE - For a horizontal picture = width, for a vertical picture = height
- Please "save for web" OR aim to make each file under 250kbs.
- Please do NOT incude borders or watermarks. Ask if you have questions about what is acceptable.
Please name the files with your FIRST name and LAST INITIAL and a number. No spaces, dashes or non-number or letters.
Example for "Susan Smith": SusanS1.jpg, SusanS2.jpg etc
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR ENTRY:
- Name - not in all capital letters please.
- Where you live
- Titles for your photographs in a numbered list (in the text of the email)
- Email address in the text of the email (if you don't want an email listed on the contributors page if included in the issue, say so and leave blank.)
- Url, if you have one, even if you have submitted before, in the text of the email.
Submissions Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or have difficulty sending your images please email.
By submitting photos for publication in F-Stop Magazine you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting F-Stop Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format, for publication on the F-Stop website for as long as the website exists. Please note that back issues of F-Stop may remain available in the archive for as long as the website exists. If an image is used as a cover to the magazine you are granting F-Stop Magazine permission to use it for promotion on sites such as facebook.com and to put the f-stop logo on it.
None of the photographs may be downloaded, stored, printed, manipulated, distributed, or used in any form without prior written permission from the copyright holder. Works published on this website are protected under domestic and international copyright laws and are not considered to be public domain.
Should you, for any reason, wish your photographs to be removed from the website, we will make every effort to do so. However, please note also that third parties such as educational institutions, search engines or individuals may download, save, store or archive this (or any other) website with or without our knowledge. F-Stop Magazine will have no control over such downloading and subsequent use and therefore cannot accept responsibility for any such use.
PROMOTE YOUR PROJECT
Do you have a body of work or current project you would like more people to see? You can have an image based link to your site or your project on the F-Stop site or in our Monthly email. In exchange we ask for a donation to our no profit cause of putting out the magazine. Send an email with your name and a description/artist statement of your project and a link to the work letting us know you are interested in promoting the project. We will review each submission and send you the details of what to do next. If you have questions email: email@example.com